The Muppets were no match for the half-vampire babies this week, as Jason Segel, Amy Adams, Kermit the Frog and friends fared well at the box office – but Breaking Dawn remained on top.
The Twilight Saga’s fourth installment pulled in another $62 million from Wednesday through today, bringing its worldwide tally to nearly $400 million. It’s now ahead of the pace set in 2009 by Eclipse. The Muppets, meanwhile, pulled in a solid $42 million.
Here is a look at the top 10 box office results from this long holiday weekend:
- The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 1: $62.3 million
- The Muppets: $42 million
- Happy Feet Two: $18.4 million
- Arthur Christmas: $17 million
- Hugo: $15.4 million
- Jack and Jill: $14.1 million
- Immortals: $12.6 million
- Puss in Boots: $10.4 million
- Tower Heist: $10.2 million
- The Descendants: $9.2 million